Other issues in this category (58)
People lose all sorts of keys
Many Anti-virus Times issues are based on Dr.Web user support requests.
Here’s another one:
Sometimes I need to download my Dr.Web key file. The only way I can do that is by going into my inbox and finding the email containing the key file, and downloading it. But what if the message never arrived (perhaps because of some technical issues on the mail server) or I accidentally deleted the message or something else happened? I should be able to download the file from drweb.com. But it looks like this is not an option. Interestingly, if I sign in and enter my serial number, I can download the application but not the file. Why? By signing in and entering the serial number, I am confirming my identity. I can register my Dr.Web copy simply by entering the serial number. But I can't download MY file. What nonsense.
It's not just car and house keys that people lose. Dr.Web statistics suggest that people lose key files more often.☺ So we regard key recovery requests with understanding—after all, we are human.
However, looking for the email containing the key is not the only way to recover it. If the message was never received, this method is completely useless. Yes, sometimes messages fail to reach their recipients, but 25 years of customer care experience has taught us how to resolve problems of this kind. ☺
Three key recovery options exist for home users:
|If Dr.Web is already installed on your PC||If Dr.Web is not installed on your PC, but you have your serial number||If Dr.Web is not installed on your PC, and you don't have your serial number|
|Locate the key file in the Dr.Web installation folder. The filename has the .key extension.||Use the Download Wizard to download Dr.Web—your key file will be downloaded automatically during installation.||Contact Doctor Web's technical support service. Attach to your request documents confirming that you are the rightful owner of the license.|
Corporate customers have four recovery options:
|1. If you can access your My Dr.Web account||2. If you have a serial number|
|Under your My Dr.Web account, go to the Download section, and download the key file.||Use the License Manager in your Dr.Web application to acquire the key file.|
|3. If you can receive messages at your registered email address, but lost your serial number||4. If you can't sign in to My Dr.Web portal, have lost your serial number, and don't remember the email address that you specified during registration|
1. Use the serial number recovery service.
2. Use the License Manager in your Dr.Web application to acquire the key file.
|Contact Doctor Web's technical support service. Attach to your request documents confirming that you are the rightful owner of the license.|
- If you have purchased a Dr.Web license, don't forget that we have your back. And we protect your data as well as your rights, including your right to recover your key file at any moment.
- Always remember that any problem involving the anti-virus can be solved. Therefore, if you can't solve another puzzle in its settings on your own and the user guide and FAQ aren’t helping you, don't hesitate to seek our assistance.
- Finding someone to blame is easier than trying to come up with a working solution. But why ruin everybody's mood on such a lovely summer day?