Other issues in this category (22)
I’ve lost everything! What can I do?
In many cases the anti-virus laboratory can't recover compromised files. However, special utilities have been developed for certain Trojan.Encoder modifications. Users can use them on their own after consulting Doctor Web's security experts.
Important! Back up the encrypted files before you launch the utility.
If the utility fails to recover your files or errors occur during the attempted recovery process, you can contact our anti-virus laboratory for assistance.
If your files have never been compromised by ransomware of this kind, read the below recommendations just in case.
If your files get encrypted, follow these simple rules to recover them:
- Never change the file name extensions of the encrypted files;
- Do not reinstall the operating system — if you do, it will be impossible to recover your data;
- Do not attempt to clean the system with special utilities and applications — they can remove traces of the malware’s activities that could help us create a decryption utility;
- Do not run Dr.Web utilities without consulting our support engineers;
- Report the incident to your local police;
- Contact the Doctor Web anti-virus laboratory: send us samples of files that have encrypted by the Trojan and wait for a virus analyst's reply.