WebIQmeter project terms and conditions
- The project allows everyone:
- Pass tests online to check their knowledge of computer security basics and learn their WebIQ.
- Earn points upon completion of tests and awards for useful project activities and exchange them for artefacts.
- Develop and prove the skills of safe behavior on the Internet, learn to think before one acts on the Internet, and not vice versa.
- The project has a start date which is August 28, 2012 . but has no end date, i.e. it is termless.
- Project is an educational non-profit Internet project WebIQmeterr found at https://www.drweb.com/web-iq.
- Project organiser – Doctor Web.
- Participant is a natural person registered as a participant in the project.
- Test is a set of questions on a certain topic and answers to the questions. If a participant successfully passes a test, they are awarded a number of points.
- Points are awarded for passing tests, as well as upon registration in the project.
- WebIQ is a personal score showing how successfully the participant passes tests and indicating the level of their Internet competence.
- Dr.Webling is a virtual prize which Doctor Web awards a participant for their contribution to the project ('useful activities').
- Useful actions — any project activity in which participants are engaged and for which they are awarded Dr. Weblings.
- Auction is a contest, in which participants compete to win artefacts.
- Artefact is a trophy,acquired in an auction in exchange for points and Dr.Weblings. Each artefact has its own equivalent in Dr.Weblings and/or points. Electronic Dr.Web licenses, free gifts from Doctor Web and products from other manufacturers can serve as artefacts.
- Rating indicates how much one participates in the project, their rank among participants. A rating number is the sum of WebIQ points and the quantity of Dr.Weblings.
- Personal area stores information about actions performed by the participant in the project (status of tests and the number of gained points, artefacts won at auctions, useful activity in the project and awarded Dr.Weblings).
- To become a participant in the project, register at https://www.drweb.com/web-iq/project/register
- Access to the tests and participant account is only available to registered participants.
- E-mail addresses of registered participants are entered into the project participants database. By registering in the project participants agree that the project organizer will send news about the project, notification of acquisition of points and awards, useful tips on tests and other information related to the project at their respective email addresses specified during registration.
- Project participants are able to cancel their registration in the project. In this case, one shall cease to be a participant in the project and their e-mail address will be automatically deleted from the project database.
Tests and points
- Participants are offered to pass tests.
- There may be several correct choices to answer each question.
- If there is only one correct answer to the question and the participant chooses it, they gain 1 point for each correct answer, if the test is passed.
- If there are several correct answers to the question, the participant is given 0.5 points for each correct answer, if the test is passed.
Test statuses and point accrual
- New - the participant has not passed the test yet.
- Passed - the participant gave all possible correct answers to all questions. Points are awarded for a passed test. Points are awarded only upon the first successful completion of a test, ie, the participant may take a passed test again any number of times (to make sure they remember everything well), but they will not be granted points again and again.
- Failed - the participant did not give a single correct answer to test questions. A participant can try to pass a failed test again, but no earlier than after 7 days.
- Partially passed – the participant gave a correct answer to at least one test question. No points are awarded for partially passed tests. A participant can pass such a test again.
- Unfinished – the test session has been started, but the test is not completed (interrupted). A participant can pass such a test again.
- A participant's WebIQ depends on the number of passed tests and the total number of tests in the project.
- A participant's WebIQ is not a static measure and may change through time. WebIQ is calculated as follows: WebIQ = X / T * 100 where X is the number of passed tests, T - total number of tests .
Period Calculation parameters WebIQ calculation March, 2012 10 tests passed, 100 tests available 10/100×100=5 April, 2012 50 tests passed, 100 tests available 50/100×100=50 May 2012 50 tests passed, 140 tests in the system 50/140×100=35,7 June 2012 90 tests passed, 140 tests in the system 90/140×100=64,2
- To increase your WebIQ, pass new tests and improve results for those you have failed or didn't manage to complete.
Types of points
- Starting points are awarded to a participant upon registration in the project (20 points) and upon a successful completion of the first 10 tests. Starting points are not taken into account in the participant's rating. Once a participant has 10 passed tests, their starting points become active.
- Active points are accrued points, which a participant can spend in auctions. Active points also affect the participant's rating.
- Inactive points are accrued points a participant has spent in auctions. These points also affect the participant's rating.
- These are awarded to a participant by Doctor Web as a gratitude for useful activity in the project.
Types of useful activities and Dr.Webling accrual terms:
Activity Award (Dr.Weblings) Conditions Comment on a news post on Doctor Web's site 1 Tell us what you think about the news story and and get one Dr.Webling. Comments are moderated. Vote in the “Myths about anti-viruses” project 100 Leave a comment on educational project promo pages 1 Participate in voting on educational project promo pages 1 Success story 50 Leave a review about Dr.Web CureIt 10 10 Configure Dr.Web! 100 Rate the news post 1 Read the news post on the day of publication 2 Read the news post on any other day 1 For participating in the promo for partners 1 Register a Dr.Web license 5 For sharing a link on twitter.com/Doctor_Web 1 For sharing a link on https://vk.com/drwebuser 1 The Dr.Web promo project "The 'Dancing Men' or the Encryption Trojan Invasion" 10 Write an issue for the Anti-virus Times 100 For commenting on an issue any other day 1 For commenting on an issue on the day of publication 10 Publish an Anti-virus Times issue exporter 50 For rating an issue 1 For commenting on any 100 issues 100 For commenting on 100 issues in a row on the day of their publication 1000 For rating 100 issues in a row on the day of their publication 1000 For rating any 100 issues 100 Feedback about subscription 10 Take the test about Dr.Web Anti-theft's features 100 Participate in voting in the "Configure Parental Control in Dr.Web for Android 12" 100 Subscribe to news digests 20 Comment on the news post on the day of publication 10 Comment on the news post on any other day 1 Recommend a Dr.Web product 10 Register on the Doctor Web site 10 Invite friends 5 "Like" on https://www.facebook.com/drwebcom 1 A comment left on a translation in the "Total translation" contest 1 A new test for the project 30 A proposal to improve the project or to start a new activity 10 Only for proposals and activities implemented by the project organiser Advertisements 100 Comment on a news post on the WebIQmeter site 1 Tell us what you think about the news story and and get one Dr.Webling. Comments are moderated. Configure Dr.Web Parental Control! 100 Configure Dr.Web Preventive Protection! 100 Configure Dr.Web to protect your computer from encryption ransomware 100 Configure Dr.Web to protect your computer from encryption ransomware! 100 Configure the HTTP monitor SpIDer Gate 100 Events (except exhibitions) 500 Exhibition 1000 For a report on the tests taken by customers who are renewing their licenses 10 For a report on the tests taken by new customers (migration) and expansion 50 For making a rational suggestion 10 Happy Birthday! 10 Leave a comment on the My tuppence worth page 3 You can leave any number of comments. Comments are pre-moderated. Points are awarded only for the first posted comment. Leave a comment on voting 1 Left a review about the actual supplier 10 New question for a project test 5 For one question with 4 possible answers for a new test. Participate in the "New Year couplets" contest 30 Participate in the "Oh yes, Dr.Web" contest 30 Participate in the poll "Who is your system administrator? Oh, that's your system administrator!" 10 Participate in voting 1 Participate in voting for the "Will you visit the ball?" project 10 Participate in voting in the "Studying and cybersecurity" poll 10 Participation in the poll on how to configure scan exclusions 100 Production (except stands) 100 Production (stand) 1000 Promo for customers 500 Promo for employees 500 Promo for partners 200 Share attitude to the memorable date 1 On the day of a memorable event please visit the WebIQmeter site and express your attitude to this event. Solve the crossword 10 Take the test about Dr.Web Firewall's features 100 Take the test on how to configure Dr.Web Firewall 100 The actual supplier received a positive review 10 The contest "I use Dr.Web 11.0" 1 The news post’s rating 1 The rate for a translation in the "Total translation" contest 1 Victory in the "Oh yes, Dr.Web" contest 100 Vote 1 Vote and get a one Dr.Webling award. You can vote only once in each vote. Vote for Dr.Web at comss.ru 25 Vote for the "New Year couplet" 1 Vote for the poem in the "Oh yes, Dr.Web" contest 1 Vote in the "Useful protection" project 1
- Active Dr.Weblings are the amount that the participant may exchange for artefacts. Active Dr.Weblings also affect the participant's rating.
- Inactive Dr.Weblings are he amount spent by a participants on artefacts. They also affect the rating of the participant.
- Employees of Doctor Web, Ltd. are entitled to participate in the project but can not participate in auctions, tournaments and competitions held for participants in the project.
- Doctor Web, Ltd. may at any time unilaterally amend these terms and conditions of the project.